Whenever you compile a list, it’s tempting to call it “great” or “top” or “best,” but when you’re talking about Help-Portrait stories, images and memories, it’s difficult to label one as better than another. Everyone we encounter has a story. As we sift through the quotes and images that roll in after an event, we’re always moved to tears, laughter, excitement and satisfaction. We share as many as we can here on the blog. Here are a handful of moments from 2012 and 2011 that captured our attention. We’re looking forward to many more this year.
- Minneapolis: “Organizing this event was exhausting, but worth every single minute”
- Mexico: “This picture is my inheritance.”
- Atlanta: A mom moved to tears by holding a single picture of her baby
- Germany: A sick child, given the chance to shine
- Ontario: Autistic man sings “You Are My Sunshine,” and everyone joins in.
- South Carolina: Homeless, pregnant & no hair or makeup done in 10 years until Help-Portrait
- South Carolina: Children who witnessed violence, given a visual mark to a new start as a family.
- Ontario: “I had forgotten how to smile. Thank you for making my day.”
- Chicago: A single mom with her 18-day-old baby girl
- Mobile: They are “so thankful for the simplest thing: a photograph.”
- Washington: “I love the power in coming together with creatives to give back.”
- West Virginia: “I like this picture bc I’m with my Grandma.”
- North Carolina: “I believe this portrait is part of the healing process.”
- Delaware: “They have hard lives, and this gives them a break.”
- Houston: “A side of me that I haven’t seen in myself.”
- Orange County: “I felt like falling in happiness today.”
- Franklin: Cancer free
- Seattle: “The first gift I will keep forever”
- Cincinnati: “Feeling blessed to have been a part of showing others they’re special, valued & loved.”
- Midland: “He was so grateful to have photos with his little girl.”
- Cochrane-AB-Canada: “Everybody deserves our respect, and is worthy of our help. Everybody.”
- Hong Kong: “This is the first time I’ve seen myself so beautiful.”
- Quad Cities: “I thank God for everything He’s done for me & my beautiful son.”
- Roanoke: One year a recipient, the next a volunteer.
- Switzerland: “I have never seen myself so beautiful – I will hang it up in my room and look at it every day.”
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.