Looking to get involved with Help-Portrait? You’ve come to the right place.
First, Help Portrait is a movement of photographers who are using their time, equipment and expertise to give back to those who are less fortunate. If you’d like to get more information or are interested in participating in this years event on 7 December 2013, here’s how you get involved:
- Join the Community Site – Head to our COMMUNITY SITE. Sign up there. This is where photographers and volunteers gather and discuss the plans for individual H-P events in cities around the world.
- Join or Start a Group - Once you have joined the COMMUNITY SITE, look through the LOCATIONS and see if there is an event scheduled already in your area. If so, join up!Many of our groups have migrated over to Facebook to manage their groups. Check out our Help-Portrait page for more information. You can also find a complete listing of HP groups by clicking here. Don’t forget to check out the HELP-PORTRAIT FACEBOOK PAGE and see if there is anyone from your area posting there.If you are heading up a group, make sure to download and read the 2014 EVENT DIRECTOR KIT. This is crucial to know what responsibilities you have as the Director and how to fulfill them. It also covers the donations process for US locations.
- Start Planning & Organizing Volunteers - Found a group? Started your own? It’s never too late to start planning your event. Remember, it’s not the size of the event that matters, but that you just DO something. It could be a friend or family in need, or a whole community of people who couldn’t afford your services otherwise. We just want you to give back.If you sign up and can’t find anyone in your area to join with you, check out this blog post: WHAT IF I’M THE ONLY ONE?We are so grateful for each and every one of you – photographers, makeup artists, volunteers – and we hope you are able to find people in your area who share your passion of giving to those less fortunate this holiday season.
If you have any other questions, please submit a support ticket on our support site: https://support.help-portrait.com We’ll be happy to answer them and make sure you are able to be involved this year! Also, feel free to leave a comment if you have a question that you’d like to see answered for the general public.
We’re looking forward to 6 December 2014. Hope you are too!
Helpful Posts from our Blog
- Necessary Elements to a Successful Help-Portrait Event
- How to Find a Nonprofit Partner
- Planning an International Help-Portrait Event
- How to ‘Plan’ for Your Planning Meeting
- How to Organize and Activate Your Volunteers
- Using Google Docs For Help Portrait
- Fundraising for Help-Portrait?
- Learn how the things you need for Help-Portrait (cameras, printers, printer ink, etc.) can help fund your event.
- Managing Fundraising & Expenses for Help-Portait?
- What Equipment Do I need for My Help-Portrait Event
- Event Signage & Forms
- How to Lay out Your Event Venue
- Your Printing Questions Answered