We began the Help-Portrait blog with the goal to provide updates, tips & tricks about planning your event and to share the stories that come from them.
But now we’re thinking it’s high time to just open up this platform to you, the Help-Portrait community. Below is information about becoming a contributor to this blog. Thank you for taking the time to share your story with the HP community. We couldn’t do this without you!
Help-Portrait exists because of you.
Lives are touched, impacted and changed around the world because each of you care deeply about using what you have in your hand to give back.
The stories recorded on our blog show that taking just a little time out to offer someone hope and to show them their worth can change a person’s entire outlook.
And as volunteers, you all know this isn’t a one-way street. Each of us who have participated in a Help-Portrait event have received far more than we’ve given.
To that end, we want to continue sharing the stories and also ways to do what we do better on our blog. We’re inviting the Help-Portrait community to lend their voice to the Help-Portrait blog.
- Do you have a story and photo you can share?
- Do you have a perspective on volunteering?
- Do you know a great organization or work flow tip?
- Can you help a first-timer learn what to expect at an event?
Your perspective is invaluable. Help us deepen what we offer on this website by submitting a post. Your name, group location and community link will be shared. Here are the guidelines to give you a framework:
- Posts must be at least 300 words (400-600 preferred).
- Posts may appear elsewhere but should be catered to the Help-Portrait audience.
- Images should be formatted 570 pixels wide.
- Posts can be memories & stories from Help-Portrait events, tips & tricks on hosting an event, or photography pointers.
Submit your blog post below. Posts may be edited for length, grammar and tone. You’ll be notified when your story is posted if you include links to your social media outlets.