2011 Date Change

//2011 Date Change

2011 Date Change

Many of you have noticed that the date for the 2011 event appears to be different than what we originally announced. Nice catch.

After doing Help-Portrait for two years now, we couldn’t help but notice how difficult it was to pull off the worldwide event the weekend after the US Thanksgiving holiday. So, rather than try to compete with shopping, families and other distractions, we opted to move the date permanently to the second weekend in December. Therefore, the new date for this year will be…

10 December 2011

Mark your calendars and start your planning early.

If you’ve already made arrangements for the 3rd, it’s okay. The goal is for you to give your talent and expertise away freely—no matter when.

By | 2011-04-06T05:49:07+00:00 April 6th, 2011|Updates|9 Comments

About the Author:

Kyle Chowning is the co-founder and executive director of Help-Portrait.

9 Comments

1. stephan mantler 06/04/2011 at 12:37 PM

Good choice. Please update your logo ASAP though, it’s still saying ‘3 dec 2011’.

Cheers
    -step

2. Richard 06/04/2011 at 2:19 PM

YEAH!!! That first weekend is always full. This will make it a lot easier! (for me and I hope a few others)

3. Ron Manke 06/04/2011 at 3:34 PM

Unfortunately, in Canada, the first weekend was much better for most people…

Scheduling an international event on the same day can be challenging, I bet.

4. kylechowning 07/04/2011 at 1:37 AM

Hey everybody. You are more than welcome to do any day that works best for you. All we ask is that you send in your numbers to http://bit.ly/helpportrait. Thanks!

5. David Haysom 06/04/2011 at 8:43 PM

unfortunately after year 1 we had very strong feedback in Sydney that the 2nd week didn’t work for various reasons. We will test the waters with people to see what they think of this change, but suspect we will remain on the 3rd.

6. Cristian 07/04/2011 at 8:16 PM

Unfortunately this won’t be better over here (Netherlands)…

7. Glenn 08/04/2011 at 2:32 PM

I’m in. Just have to figure out what that means. When and where in Dallas should I be on that date?

8. Jacob B 15/04/2011 at 9:04 PM

I just noticed that the logo on a few different related pages still shows different dates. (community.help-portrait.com and help-portrait.donortools.com). Just thought I’d let you know! :)

9. Brian Carey 05/05/2011 at 9:39 AM

The fact that you went ahead and changed the date on the HP blog is going to cause some confusion for those of us who already started getting things going. I would have thought a good solution would have been to have the banner read December 2011, leaving the exact day out. Anyone who is interested would inquire further. I think next year if we do this we will pick our own dates, these dates are not the most desirable for those of us in more temperate climates.
    Regards,