Help-Portrait founder Jeremy Cowart posted a video blog about his Help-Portrait 2010 experience and is inviting the rest of the H-P community to share theirs. Check out what Jeremy shared from the event he attended in Seattle, and then share yours – either in the comments on this post, or by posting a link to your video. We can’t wait to hear and see what impacted you most.

Posted on Jan 09, 2011  |  Category: Inspiration  |  8 Comments
  • Karen Barnes Karen Barnes

My husband & I had an amazing time helping at the Nashville event! I posted my reflections over at my blog, which you can find here, if anyone is interested in reading it. A little too long to just post in a comment :) http://kabarnes.wordpress.com/2010/12/13/helping-at-help-portrait-2010/ We definitely look forward to helping again in 2011! Thanks for starting this wonderful movement!
    Karen Barnes | 09/01/2011 11:37 pm

• Tweets that mention What’s Your Help-Portrait Story? | Help-Portrait | 03 Dec 2011 -- Topsy.com Tweets that mention What’s Your Help-Portrait Story? | Help-Portrait | 03 Dec 2011 -- Topsy.com

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jeremy Cowart. Jeremy Cowart said: RT @help_portrait: What impacted you most @Help_Portrait 2010? @jeremycowart invites your stories & videos on the HP blog http://ow.ly/3APcm [...]
    Tweets that mention What’s Your Help-Portrait Story? | Help-Portrait | 03 Dec 2011 -- Topsy.com | 09/01/2011 11:53 pm

• Chris Dowsett Chris Dowsett

My experience from Help Portrait was nothing less than life changing. I had the amazing chance to join Mr. Cale Glendening in Los Angeles to help with filming this year. Being from Canada, I had never seen anything like the area where the event was held. I found every second to be extremely humbling and could not believe the amount of smiles that could be shared within a single day. My favourite times of the day easily were making a couple new best friends. Both Cale and I had at least one secondary shooter for most of the day. I had two young boys and one tiny little girl share the role of photographer using my camera and it was amazing to see how passionate and explorative they were. I will never forget it and I look forward to the same sort of experiences next year : )
    Chris Dowsett | 10/01/2011 12:35 am

• carandavis carandavis

Thanks Karen and Chris!
    carandavis | 11/01/2011 2:53 pm

• Chris Dickinson Chris Dickinson

Wow, where do you start? Victims of domestic violence, homelessness, poverty...every story left an indelible imprint on all of us and leaves us more hopeful for 2011! One story in particular brought nearly everyone to tears. A family of 8 came to my station, four children and four adults. As I was determining which children went with which families, the first two emerged. A single mother and her daughter. A spent 15 minutes or so photographing them in various non-traditional poses. Once the shoot was over I was approached by one of the members in the family. They proceeded to tell me that the mother and her daughter had lost their father a week before the shoot. If that wasn't bad enough, she lost her mother a week before that. In the week leading up to the shoot they told me the mother wouldn't come out of the house and had become very reclusive. They left with tears in their eyes when they saw the pictures of the mother and her daughter smiling again.
    Chris Dickinson | 11/01/2011 5:01 pm

• You Can Be Part of the Movement | Help-Portrait | 03 Dec 2011 You Can Be Part of the Movement | Help-Portrait | 03 Dec 2011

[...] Related link: “What’s Your Help-Portrait Story?“ [...]
    You Can Be Part of the Movement | Help-Portrait | 03 Dec 2011 | 18/01/2011 9:57 pm

• Bryan Alano Bryan Alano

traveled to the philippines to share @help_portrait experience, check out event video http://vimeo.com/18288516
    Bryan Alano | 21/01/2011 11:38 pm

• nike free run shoes women sale nike free run shoes women sale

88888 We're not sure if they are a sufficient amount of to halt a pedicab driver, but we have not but positioned a lot of our self-worth in their hands.. Web-based TutorialsLet's face it, several of us don't have the time or dollars to employ hair dressers, louis vuitton boat shoes make-up artists and stylists on even an occasional basis. nike free run shoes women sale http://www.salenikefreego.com
    nike free run shoes women sale | 16/12/2013 1:21 am